Medicare 2022 Deductibles & Coinsurance Cost at a Glance
THIS IS WHY FOLKS GET A MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT POLICY
Medicare Part A Pays For Covered Hospital, Skilled-Nursing Facility, And Some Home Health-Care Services For Each Benefit Period EXCEPT For The Following Deductible And Coinsurance Costs.
2022 Medicare Part A Deductible
For 2021, the Medicare Part A deductible is $1556.00 for EACH 60 day benefit period.
A common misconception is that this is a one time or an annual deductible. It is NOT.
The Part A deductible is based on benefit periods of 60 days.
A benefit period begins the day a beneficiary is admitted as a hospital inpatient and ends when the beneficiary hasn’t received Part A care for 60 consecutive days. This includes hospital inpatient and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) care.
If you are readmitted to the hospital after a 60 day period you must pay this $1556.00 deductible again.
Two Main Parts Of 2022 Part A Coinsurance
Part A Hospital Coinsurance
You pay this coinsurance in addition to the Part A Deductible.
The 2021 hospital coinsurance you pay per benefit period varies based on the length of your hospital stay.
– 1 through 60 days: $0 coinsurance
– 61 through 90 days: $389 PER DAY coinsurance
– 91 through 150: $778 PER DAY coinsurance
– Beyond 60 lifetime reserve days: 100% of ALL costs
Part A Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance
The 2022 skilled-nursing facility coinsurance you pay per benefit period also varies based on the length of your stay:
– 1 through 20 days: $0 coinsurance
– 20 through 100 days: $194.50 PER DAY coinsurance
– 101 days and beyond: You are responsible for 100% of all costs.
A Physician must certify that you need daily skilled nursing care such as intravenous injections or physical therapy.
You have to have been in the hospital for 3 days.
You must check into the skilled nursing facility within 30 days of discharge from a hospital.
You must be admitted to the skilled nursing facility for the same reason that you were in the hospital.
The skilled nursing facility must be a Medicare-approved facility.
Medicare Part B Deductible And Coinsurance
– Part B deductible of $233 per year in 2022
– Part B Coinsurance of 20%
– Part B Excess Fees of up to 15% of Medicare approve charges
– 20% of physician services while hospital inpatient
– 20% of outpatient care, tests, and supplies
– First 3 pints of blood and 20% of Medicare-approved amount of additional pints
– 20% of the Medicare-approved amount of durable medical equipment
Depending on the Plan that you choose, a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) Plan will eliminate some or all of the Part A & Part B deductibles, coinsurances, excess fees and any other cost not covered by Medicare Part A or Part B.
When you have questions, we’re here to help and we look forward to speaking with you!!
Contact us to discuss how we can help meet your unique needs.
By contacting the phone number on this website you will be directed to a State Licensed Agent.